Thursday 16 January 2014

Final Blog Post


Placements-20%

  • I spent more time on this project than any of the other projects. The difficulty level of what was required for me was not high. However, the tasks were very time consuming and the project was slow moving.
  • The biggest challenge was helping the teachers figure out want they wanted and solidifying the what was required of us. The expectations for us kept changing and we had to keep editing our work. The most challenging part of this project was finding the resources for the mac P.E page. the video tutorials were very specific and somewhere very difficult to find.  
Project 2- 10%

  • I am much more comfortable with giving presentation and talking to people than I am with written projects. Though I didn't end up presenting for me that doesn't seem like the challenging part of that project. That is why I feel like this project was that same amount of work as my project 3 presentation.
  •  The hardest part for me was finding information that was specific about the effectiveness of MOOC's. There was a lot of information about how low completion rates are but not much was available about the effectiveness of MOOC's for people who do complete the courses. 
 Project 3- 10% 


  • This project required less research than project 2 because I was talking about material that I was already very comfortable with. The preparation involved was less about trying to understand what I was going to talk about and more about trying to find away to get the grade nines to not only understand but see that value of our presentation. 
  • Actually presenting to the grade nines required a lot more effort than I anticipated but the preparation was a lot easier than any of the other assignments.This is why I gave this project the same rating as project 2.  
Project 4- 15%


  • I actually think that though the amount I was able to accomplish with this project wasn't as much as I would have like to, I still learned the most from this project. I spent a lot of time learning how to use wordpress and figuring out which plugins I needed. I actually think that I am going  benefit more from this project than any other one because it gave me the motivation to start working on an idea I have had for a long time and taught me a knew skill.  
  • I still am continuing to work on my website in my free time. # cognitivesurplus 

Give Back Project- 3%

  • I have to admit I didn't do as much as I should have for this project. Part of the reason I didn't work hard on this project was because I didn't understand exactly what was expected of me but I really think that I just didn't feel like I had to go above and beyond. 

  • I knew that I didn't try my hardest with this project but I was still surprised with how poorly I did on this because at the time I thought what I had done was decent. Looking at other peoples projects I know that I should have done more. 
Additional task. - 5%

  • I haven't done much work on this part of the course yet but I am going to update the wordpress walk through for the mac guidance page this weekend and I don't think it will take very long.   
Greatest hits- 10%

  • The amount of preparation involved for this presentation wasn't too much. I just had to figure out exactly what I want to talk about. As I mentioned before I am quite comfortable talking in front of people so doing presentations like aren't to stressful.

  • What I am working the most on for this project is to make sure that I have a clear understanding of what I am going to talk about and how I can make it go smoothly. 
THE BLOG - 27%

  • This blog was the most taxing part of my semester. I spent more time at my computer staring at the screen trying to motivate myself to finish a post than I did studying math. ( and I like studying math) I could not believe what a struggle it was for me to do every post. Every time I planned out what I wanted to say and found impossible to type out. Every post seemed more and more manageable but turned out to be equally impossible.

  • I am scared of blogging. I don't understand why people blog for fun. I tried very hard to write passionately because I genuinely cared about some of the topics I discussed but the amount of effort it took made this section of the course ONE OF THE MOST FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE.      




  

No comments:

Post a Comment