Friday 8 November 2013

Blog Prompt #4 

Both of my placements were with gym teachers and though they had their own unique challenges, both of them did also pose some similar problems.  One of the most challenging [arts of working with these teachers was simply finding the resources they wanted for their websites. Unlike courses like math and science, there are not a lot of online resources for P.E. Also, I had personally never attempted to create a website before this, so the entire process was quite new to me. Learning how to take the resources and add them to the our sites in a way the look clean as was logical was the most challenging part of this project for me.  It was also the part of the project I found most beneficial. Another thing I found challenging was that even though our placements new what they wanted from us  in terms of functionality, they didn’t necessarily know what type of tech was availed to preform that function. We had to teach them how to use what we had created, which was difficult because the line of communication between us wasn’t very strong.  I was hard to figured what we needed to update and change when we spent days just trying to get in touch with them. However, I do consider our placements to be successes because our teachers seemed happy with the work we did and even though it was a lot more stressful than I anticipated, the work we produced was not only satisfactory but actually useful. I actually did enjoy working on this project and making something that other people can use. One thing I think would make this project better would to have teachers who really want to be a part of the process and who understand the amount of time that is required to make a good website. This isn’t because working with my teachers was tremendously difficult but because the benefits and quality of the work that would be produced from having both involved students and involved teachers would be much greater than when all the development is left to the students.  I actually think the challenges of working closely with a teacher would be much more stressful but the learning experience would be much more meaningful.     

No comments:

Post a Comment