Tuesday 24 September 2013

Blog Prompt #2

Procrastination 


I procrastinate all the time. I am currently writing this sentence at 7:40 PM the night before this is due. Not only do I procrastinate on school work I procrastinate on just about anything work related. I was extremely excited about learning how to drive. I was so excited that on my 16th birthday I got my dad to sign me out of school early so I could go write my G1 test. That may not sound like the work of a procrastinator, however, I didn't study for the test until I was sitting in the waiting room at Service Ontario and even though I passed the test, too this day I have never taken a single driving lesson. There is a very largest list of uncompleted tasks in my life, it’s too long to know where to begin.  I haven’t unpacked my camp bag, folded my laundry, taking the dishes out of my room, gotten my volunteer hours, looked for a job, shaved, studied for my math test tomorrow, worked on my chemistry projects, gotten my Ritalin prescription, gotten reading glasses, figured put a healthy packable vegan lunch and the list goes on. It may come as a surprise but I do not procrastinate on everything. I am a hobbyist and if there is something that I have a real interest in, I can work at it until it hurts. For example I practice magic every day without fail and without even thinking about it.


So when do work best?




I think my ability to work efficiently at something depends mainly on the amount of pressure I have to complete the task and my mood. When I have something important to do I tend tell myself that I have enough time relax over and over until I have absolute no time left to work. This added pressure either gives me the motivation to work or makes me feel helpless and prevents me from even attempting the task. I don’t question my abilities as a student and I think that allows me to be comfortable with leaving work until the last minute. This method of working is not the most effective or healthiest way to get work done, so how can I change things. Like I said before my mood plays a huge role in how much work I get done. I think the best way for to be outgoing and hardworking is to be happy and healthy. If I want to get school back on track I think what I need more than hours of studying is more sleep, better food and a better outlook. It has been a struggle form me over the years to stay positive but what I have noticed was that I worked the most efficiently during the ups and was the laziest during the downs. I have been trying to figure out how to stop procrastinating for my entire life, maybe actually writing about it will help me more than a new study system.                      

No comments:

Post a Comment